“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” turned 40 years old last month. To celebrate, there are lots of fun products out, including a new book. Find out how much you know about the show. Hope you saw it this Halloween season!
1. When “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” debuted, it tied in ratings with what show?
b. “The Munsters”
d. “The Red Skelton Hour”
2. Vince Guaraldi is famous for composing music for Peanuts specials. Who took over for him after he died?
a. David Benoit
b. Dave Brubeck
c. Wynton Marsalis
d. George Winston
3. Besides having Linus wait for the Great Pumpkin, the special shows off several other great Peanuts themes except this one:
a. Lucy pulls the football away.
b. Snoopy fights the Red Baron
c. Schroder plays the piano
d. Charlie Brown’s unrequited love for the Little Red-haired Girl
4. Children voice all but this character in the special.
5. What’s the name of the show’s animator?
a. Bill Melendez
b. Lee Mendelson