WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following incidents:
• Duane Evans, of South Sherman Street, reported Saturday morning that someone smashed a window in his vehicle.
• James and Michele Starzecki, of Reno Lane, reported Saturday morning that someone slashed tires on two of their vehicles.
• Donald Fuller, of Harriet Street, reported Saturday morning that someone stole his 1995 Chevrolet Lumina with a license plate of DZR-8104 from his home.
• William Skrypski, of Scott Street, reported Saturday morning that someone damaged the ignition on his vehicle.
• Diego Martin Paredes, 27, of Wilkes-Barre, was charged with driving under the influence after a crash on Kidder Street at 2 a.m. Saturday.
• Norman Henderson, 22, was cited with public drunkenness at 3 a.m. Saturday at 261 N. Main St.
• Justin Pisarcik, 19, Vandling, was cited with public drunkenness at 2 a.m. Saturday at 36 W. River St.
• Andrew Burden, 24, was citied with public drunkenness at 11:30 p.m. Friday at Building 304, in Sherman Hills.
• Danielle Whitt, 32, Wilkes-Barre, was arrested on prostitution charges and taken to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility after police said she approached an undercover officer early Saturday morning on South Franklin Street and solicited the officer to engage in sex acts for money.
• George Reese, 19, Wilkes-Barre Township, was charged with theft after police found him with a stolen car stereo around 9 p.m. Friday, on Huber Street.
• Nancy Miller, 29, alleged that her husband, Robert Betts, 45, struck her in the eye and stuck her hand in hot cooking oil at 7 p.m. Friday, at 91. S. Empire Street. Betts was taken into custody.
HAZLE TWP. – Brian David Shafer, 37, Hazleton, was charged Tuesday with retail theft.
State police at Hazleton said Shafer, on Feb. 1, entered the Turkey Hill Minit Mart, Hazle Township. He stayed there for two hours and waited in a back room where only employees are allowed. He then placed two cardboard boxes containing 50 cartons of cigarettes near an emergency exit, police said.
Shafer waited until the clerk was at the front of the store then put the boxes outside before leaving without paying for the cigarettes, police said.
Shafer was arrested Tuesday and arraigned before District Judge Thomas Sharkey. A preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday in Luzerne County Central Court.