WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following incidents:
• Police said Andrew R. Tostevin, 19, of Coopersburg, was found hanging upside down from a tree at North Main and North streets at about 12:36 a.m. Thursday. Police said Tostevin told officers that the tree attacked him. Police said Tostevin was heavily intoxicated and was taken to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital.
• Police said Whitney Roper, 19, and Joshua Pulansky, 18, both from Wilkes-Barre, faces underage consumption of alcohol charges after they were observed with alcohol on Livingston Lane on Thursday.
• Gerald Yale, of Corbett Street, reported items stolen during a burglary at his residence on Wednesday.
• Police said James Hynes, 26, of Honesdale, faces a charge of retail theft after he drove away from the Turkey Hill on Carey Avenue without paying for $36 worth of gasoline on Tuesday.
• Police said Erin Hicks, 29, of North Washington Street, faces a theft charge in connection with the theft of photos from Danielle Tyson, 26, of North Washington Street, on Wednesday.
• Police said Joseph Borum, 40, faces a charge of unauthorized use of a vehicle after failing to return a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer that he borrowed from his mother, Virginia Borum, of East Northampton Street, on April 29.
• Yazmin Ramirez told police an unknown man grabbed her arm in the area of South Grant and East South streets on Wednesday.
• Police said someone spray-painted various symbols and profanity on the outside of Primos Bakery, 227 George Ave., on Wednesday.
KINGSTON – Police reported the following incidents:
• A woman who was assaulted by a man in her Main Street home on Monday told police the same man appeared on her porch on Thursday.
Police Chief Keith Keiper said the woman, whose name wasn’t released, reported that she was lying on her couch when she saw the man through a window standing on her front porch. Her husband and son chased the man toward Taco Bell on Wyoming Avenue, where they lost sight of him, Keiper said.
“He never got in the home,” Keiper said about Thursday’s incident.
On Monday, the woman told police she opened her front door when she heard knocking and a man forced his way inside. She struggled with the man, who punched her in the face and fractured her jaw, police said.
Keiper said the woman identified the man as a Hispanic male, 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a goatee.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to contact Kingston police at 287-6911.
PRINGLE – A New Jersey man was arrested on evidence of drunken driving after he crashed a vehicle while driving on a levee near Union Street early Thursday morning, state police at Wyoming said.
Police said Kyle Matthew Kozak, 19, of Clayton, was found sleeping inside a disabled 2004 Hyundai on the levee at about 5:50 a.m. Police said Kozak had driven on the levee and struck a small tree stump that damaged his vehicle.
Kozak was taken to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, where he submitted to a blood-alcohol test. He was charged with driving under the influence, being a minor prohibited from driving a vehicle while under the influence and careless driving. He was released on $2,000 unsecured bail, according to court records.
A preliminary hearing is tentatively scheduled for May 28 in Central Court.