WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following incidents:
• Justine Vedro of Kidder Street reported around 11:45 a.m. on Monday that a window was smashed on her 2004 Hyundai while the vehicle was parked at 250 Kidder St.
• Thomas Coolbaugh of East Union Street in Nanticoke reported around 10:45 a.m. on Monday that a red and black 2004 Kawasaki Polaris all-terrain vehicle was stolen from 308 Bowman St. The registration number was 742HO.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Township police reported the following incidents:
• Anthony Adamo, 47, of Wilkes-Barre, was arrested around 10:15 a.m. on Saturday on suspicion that he attempted to exchange $99 worth of merchandise he never purchased at Sam’s Club on Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard.
• Maritza Medrano, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested around 2:45 p.m. on Saturday on suspicion of shoplifting at JCPenney at the Wyoming Valley Mall. According to mall security reports, she exited the store without paying for $128 worth of merchandise. She was charged with a summary count of retail theft and released.
• Donna Brown, 48, of Baltimore, was arrested around 5:45 p.m. on Sunday on suspicion she stole $1,378 in cash after distracting the cashier at Target in the Wilkes-Barre Township Commons. Police later discovered she was accused of stealing $630 in cash from the Wal-Mart Supercenter on the same day and $1,129 from Target on Thursday. She was charged with three counts of theft, arraigned and detained at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
• Three 13-year-old females were arrested around 3:15 p.m. on Sunday on suspicion of shoplifting at JCPenney at the Wyoming Valley Mall. According to store security, the females – two from Wilkes-Barre and one from Hanover Township – exited the store without paying for $100 worth of merchandise.