HAZLETON – City police reported the following:
• Police are investigating a burglary at Sammy’s Bar and Grill on East 2nd Street that occurred sometime Sunday night into Monday morning.
An undetermined amount of money was stolen.
Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to call Hazleton police at 459-4940.
• Property was stolen during a home burglary in the area of Elm Street and Fulton Court on Tuesday.
• Four people were taken to Hazleton General Hospital after a two-vehicle crash at 15th Street and Sherman Court on Tuesday.
Police said Lisa Saullo, of Hazleton, driving a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, was northbound on Sherman Court and turned onto 15th Street and was struck by a 2002 Suzuki, driven by John Lywiski, of Sugarloaf, at about 5:25 p.m.
Lywiski was westbound on 15th Street at the time of the crash.
The force of the impact caused Saullo’s vehicle to run into a utility pole, which was sheared, police said.
Saullo and three passengers in her vehicle were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
SUGARLOAF TWP. – A man and two children were injured in a two vehicle crash on Airport Road on Wednesday.
State police at Hazleton said a 17-year-old girl from Wapwallopen, driving a 2006 Toyota Sienna, turned in front of a 2007 Cadillac CTS, driven by Jorge Gonzalez, 52, of Sugarloaf, just after 6 p.m.
The teen girl and a passenger, a 16-year-old girl from Mountain Top, were not injured.
Gonzalez, and two passengers, an 8-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl, were transported to Hazleton General Hospital for injuries, state police said.
SUGARLOAF TWP. – State police at Hazleton said Stacey Kinney, 36, of Newark, N.J., will be charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle after she failed to return a rented vehicle at Enterprise Holdings on state Route 93 on Oct. 3.
HANOVER TWP. – Township police reported the following:
Thomas Cirko, of Tomko Avenue, reported Thursday a Yamaha Warrior all-terrain vehicle was stolen from his property.
• Numerous packages were stolen from a hand truck that was left by a UPS delivery truck driver making deliveries on Lee Park Avenue on Monday.
Police said the theft occurred at around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Lee Park Towers.
• Hanover Area School District on Tuesday reported the theft of a snow blower from the storage shed at Hanover Green kindergarten school on Main Road.
Anyone with information on either crime is asked to contact township police at 570-825-1254.
PLAINS TWP. – Township police filed charges on Monday against a Wilkes-Barre man who allegedly was witnessed performing a sexual act on himself outside a township bar last week.
Robert Matello, 49, of Courtright Avenue, is charged with one count each of indecent exposure, open lewdness and public drunkenness.
According to police, on Nov. 23 a police officer on routine patrol noticed Matello performing a sexual act on himself while standing in the parking lot of the Twist bar on Highway 315 at around 11:07 p.m.
Matello initially ignored officers’ orders to stop and began walking away, but later complied.
Charges were filed Monday via summons with District Magistrate Judge Diana Malast. Matello faces a preliminary hearing on Jan. 17.
• Police responded to the area of 196 First St. at about 8:41 p.m. Sunday for a report of a vehicle that struck a wall.
Police found the driver/owner of the vehicle, William Evans, 49, of 50 Hudson Road, Plains Township, inside the residence and arrested him on evidence of drunk driving.
Charges are pending results of a blood-alcohol test, police said.
• Police responded to 20 Pocono Park at about 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday for a report of a male damaging a vehicle and causing a problem with the resident.
The resident, Tracy Clocker, reported that John E. Zim of Plymouth punched her 2000 Ford Ranger repeatedly and dented it. Zim will face charges of criminal mischief, police said.
WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• Andrew Yelland reported on Tuesday that someone damaged the rear driver-side tire of his vehicle while it was parked at 37 Sheridan St.
• David Pavlick reported on Tuesday that someone spray-painted the side of a structure at 428 Hazle St.
• Quinn Jones, 21, of Barney Street, Wilkes-Barre, was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving after he was involved in a minor crash while driving a 1998 Toyota at Carey Avenue and Horton Street at about 11:17 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Police said charges are pending results of a blood-alcohol test.
• John Gabriel reported Tuesday a global positioning system, a camera, tools and a bag were stolen from his vehicle in the area of 150 Blackman St.
• Tatum Neiderhiser reported on Monday that someone stole a diamond ring from 85 Carlisle St.
• Joseph Kubisis reported Friday tools were stolen from his vehicle in the area of 448 E. Northampton St.
• Police aid Natasha Goodwin, 20, of North River Street, will be cited with harassment after Gina Campbell said she struck her in the face at 190 Horton St. on Monday.
• Karen Taylor, of Anthracite Street, reported Monday her credit card was used to make unauthorized purchases.
• Police said Kenneth Daniely, 29, of Reese Street, will be cited with harassment after Elizabeth Daniely claimed he sent her harassing text messages on Friday.
• Lauren Loch reported Thursday her cell phone was stolen from 155 W. River St.
• Police said Margaret Murray, 40, address unknown, will be cited with public drunkenness when she was allegedly found under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants in the area of 164 Midland Ct. at 11:20 a.m. Thursday.
HAZLETON – City police reported the following:
• Police said Dennis Basuljevic, 23, of Drums, was cited with public drunkenness after they investigated an incident in the area of Lee Court and Tenth Street at 12:38 a.m. Tuesday.